Wednesday, February 15, 2012

*sigh*





        I was abnormally close to my children when they were small. I couldn't think of anything better than spending all my time with them. They were my best friends, and we did everything together.
         I hated when my son started school, but I had my daughter, so it wasn't so bad.  But when my daughter started kindergarten it killed me. I used to beg them to stay home from school and play with me. Natalie would put her hands on my face and kiss my nose and tell me, " No mommy, we HAVE to go to school."
   One morning the kids brought me a stack of coloring books and crayons, and told me to color some pages, and then the time would seem to go faster. Of course I did, just to make them happy, and when they got home Nat put them on the fridge, and put gold stars on them.

  *sigh*

My children are all grown now. My son is almost 21, my baby girl 18.  And they have grown into the most wonderful people. Caring, and kind hearted. Smart, generous, and loving. Everything a parent could hope to see in their child's character. They are amazing.

   But every now and then, like tonight, I miss my little guys so much. I miss Natalie cuddling up in bed beside, and Jareth's random 'hug mommy' attacks. I miss playing with them when they would sit in the front of the shopping cart.  I miss hearing their little voices in the backseat singing along to Trent Reznor or The Cure.  I miss going for walks, and laying in the driveway in the middle of the night to look at the stars. I miss holding their tiny little hands and  Jareth telling Natalie " Hold Mommy's hand so I can go potty. She'll get scared if you lose her." Every time he went potty  when we were in a store( which for a 7 year old, was a LOT). I miss their tiny little faces and good night kisses and watching them sleep...

  Where does all the time go?

And why does it have to go so fast?



  

1 comment:

  1. Some of us may never experience that at all... or have kids that don't ever become independent and instead way overstay their welcome. I miss what I've never felt.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me a story