Saturday, February 11, 2012

Valentine's Day is coming...





...and I really dont care.
 
  I wont be the only person alone, and it isnt going to kill me. Hell, it wont even hurt a bit. Its not like Im not equally alone the other 365 ( leap year!) days this year. One more day is a drop in the bucket. It doesnt mean I am less loved; and should I spend the day with a date, it also won't mean I am more loved. It makes me kind of sad to know how important this day is to a lot of people. I wonder why this has to be a day of selfish acts of love. Why not make it about sharing the love you have with as many people as you can?


    I  wish I had the money to go buy a bunch of Valentines cards, though, and take them up to the senior center..or the children's hospital in Savannah. I'd like to stick them on the windshields of veterans, and send even more to the military overseas. I'd love to bring them to the widow(er)s, and the parents, of soldiers who have died in service. I'd like to take them to shut-ins, and the rehab facility. Maybe even visit the Dialysis Center, or the Oncology building.  Why not show those who often get forgotten that they, too, are loved?

       Maybe this is a project I will work on for next year.

Damn..gonna need a LOT of glitter...

4 comments:

  1. I... LOVE... THIS... IDEA!!!!!!!!! I might raid the construction paper and glitter stock at work on Monday and stay up all night cutting out hearts. This is too genius not to do!!! At least to attempt on some small level.

    Oh--and by the way, I love you :) with or without a Valentine's Day date!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you,too, pretty girl. <3 Wish I was closer..it woulda been margaritas, tacos and pool boys ;-)

      Delete
  2. It ain't that important a day. We just feel pressured to do something about it. I'd happily do without it, but women keep track of these things...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Mac, too true..for some women. but there are those of us who really do not care.

      Delete

Tell me a story