Monday, January 2, 2012

What If...

 I have been following the blog of a young girl with cancer. She is undergoing a last ditch effort of radiation, but her prognosis is not good. At 16,  she is probably in the last year of her life.

Alice has a bucket list, and most things have been checked off. She's started a charity. She's pushing for everyone who is eligible to be registered bone marrow donors. She lives with Death at her doorstep, and she finds the strength and courage to not only face him, but to push past him and carry on with her mission. She is my hero.  Check her out sometime. She's quite inspiring.
 
 And she got me thinking, if I knew this was the very last year I would have to live, what would I do with it? What would I want to accomplish most ? What would be the most important goal for me, personally?
                     What would YOU do?

1 comment:

  1. Spend it with my kids, I suppose. Get together with friends and have a crazy weekend in vegas. You know - unoriginal stuff. Accept that perhaps some secrets are meant to taken to the grave and that's okay.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me a story