Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Revolutions...




 Every  new year we make promises to ourselves- usually we are promising to treat ourselves better in some way; eat healthier, workout more, get our debt under control, spend more time with the kids.. etc, etc..

   I wish this was going to be a blog about how I'm not falling for it this year. But the truth is, I made my promises a long time ago. I'm just trying to catch up.

  I turn forty this year. I'm not really looking forward to it. Not that I am concerned about aging. I'm not. Most people think I'm in my late twenties, and since I rarely behave older than 12, I think I can keep fooling them for awhile ;-)   My fear is running out of time, and I am no where near where I want to be in life. I have to keep reminding myself that I am way further along than I was two years ago. But it is still very depressing to think of how long the road is before me.  I sometimes feel the longer I travel, the further that road gets. I must be taking the long way around..

I have a lot of things I want to accomplish this year. A lot of projects that sit half finished need to be either purged or completed. I need to get myself back in school- hopefully for my RN, but I would take anything that can get me a little further down that road.  I need to get back to Missouri and figure out what I'm going to do with my broken little house, and with my life there. I need to work on my health, and my rehab, and making sure I cut out all the contributors I can to my developing Type II Diabetes. Four generations right up to my mother have developed it. It ends with her. I will not be another link in that chain. I also want to try to write about something good every day. Whether I post it or not. I need to learn to count the blessings around me.

 I have a lot of work to do it would seem.


I will be making a list later,you might see it up in the sidebar if you visit my blog. I'll check the things off I complete, and adding things as I go.  Its going to be a busy year.

   I hope you all have arrived alive and well, and that your coming days are bright and shiny, and you have much in your lives to be happy about. I know this has been a difficult year in many ways, for so many of you. I hope we can all find something to smile about this year. If you do,  I hope you share it with me!!

1 comment:

  1. relax darlin and enjoy your life...no worries and remember to keep smiling...it always makes things better
    brian

    ReplyDelete

Tell me a story